Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Yousef!!







My little angel boy is 5 years old! Can't I slow this down or put my kids on freeze for a brief moment? They are growing up tooooo fast!! Yousef, of course is thrilled to be five. His birthday fell on game day so everybody was going to come watch my little swinger but we got rained out so we reconvened at the house for dinner and a snake rice cripies "cake". Yousef decided to have a jungle theme this year. And he is my wild little animal!! Yousef is very active and loves to wrestle, jump, run, do donkey kicks, dance, and play with whomever is about and approximately his age - whether he knows them yet or not. He loves music and dancing so when a rockin' tune comes on a movie, I'll see him look around to see if anyone is looking and then he'll start a-boogying. He sees everyone as a potential friend and loves to play. It doesn't matter if he knows them yet or not. Surely they want to have fun with him. He is a really great brother to Ammon - they hate to be separated from each other. Yousef loves to learn and has a great memory. He will ask what a word means and begin using it from then on. Including foreign words. Yousef loves reading books and is great at making connections. He applies Book of Mormon stories in our everyday life. Of course, part of the reason he loves the Book of Mormon is because of all the swords, fighting, and bloodshed. Sad but true, as hard as I try to talk about not hurting others and how violence is not a good answer, my boy loves swords and the like. I don't know....
Yousef is quite a ham and I see a great future in the theater for him! He went to his friend Benjamin's Mario party and came home doing an Italian accent with hand gestures and all, "Luigi, canna you bringa me some more spaghetti?" The other day he leaned against the wall in a James Dean/GQ kind of pose and said, "Mom, do I look cool?" I told him that he did indeed look cool and he replied, "Do you know why? Because when I was still in heaven before I came here I said to Jesus, 'Will you send me down there with some cool?'" Ha! There I was in the pre-mortal life asking for as many challenges as possible and he asked for "cool"! He is one smart cookie! His primary teacher said that last week they told the 4 and 5 year olds that they were going to talk about when Jesus calmed the sea. Yousef proceeded to tell them the whole story and then when they were going to act it out, he wanted nothing to do with the streamers for the storm or the active roles, he wanted to be Jesus. He slept quietly in the back of the boat until his disciples awakened him and then he rebuked the storm and told it to "Be still"! On the Mother's Day the children sang in Sacrament Meeting the chorister had to stop him from hamming it up 3 different times and then he applauded after they and Linda finished their song. I just know his teachers at school and I are going to have a lot of talks! Buckle your seat belts!!
I really love this little guy - he keeps me on my toes, keeps me laughing, has some good spiritual sense, and is a great kid!! I'm one lucky mom!! Happy Birthday to my big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment