Monday, February 22, 2010

My Skull Hates Music

I like to expose my kids to as large of a variety of activities as I can on a limited (basically non-existant) budget. The public library is great for this! We've gone to puppet shows, performing dog shows, storytime, plays, live history shows, and a variety of music concerts. Tonight Doc Young was performing at Whitmore Library. He plays banjo, mandolin, harmonica, and guitar. Yousef was in no mood to go to a concert tonight and said he absolutely did not want to go. I made him go anyway. As we pulled into the library he said, "Mom, why do you like music so much?" I replied, "It makes my soul happy." Sullenly he complained, "Well it makes my skull angry! I hate music!!" I told him that it was so sad he didn't like music anymore since he used to love it and was always singing and dancing. During the first song Yousef ran back excutedly and informed me, "Mom, he's playing without a radio or anything - just his guitar!! Cool!" By the time the next song began he and Ammon couldn't resist it anymore and they jumped up and started dancing for everyone. That was the cue for all the kids in the auditorium to get on their feet and start to shake it!! Yousef led them up to the stage and for the next half hour everyone had a riot dancing and singing! When we left Yousef said to me, "Okay my skull had enough music and I still hate music Mom." I wish I enjoyed all the things I hate as much as he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment